Monday, February 27, 2006

The Rich Young Ruler

Well you might remember a while ago that I mentioned one of my new favorite artists, Derek Webb. Well I just bought his new CD Mockingbird. Anyway these words totally stuck out to me!

"So what must we do here in the west
we want to follow you we speak the language
and we keep all the rules
even a few we made up
come on and follow me
but sell your house, s
ell your suv sell your stocks,
sell your security and give it to the poor
what is this,
hey what’s the deal
I don’t sleep around
and I don’t steal
I want the things you just can’t give me"

So yeah, hard to live up to, but a good challenge. Now that you’re thinking about the Rich Young Ruler, go and check out Alistair Begg and Ravi Zacharias and their sermon on what it means to follow Christ. They have some absolutely incredible thoughts on what it means to follow Christ. As well as a great insight into the whole story of the rich young ruler, so I wouldn’t keep you, go and check it out.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey! I checked out his music, its actually pretty good, especially the one song "wedding dress"! Love it!