Monday, March 20, 2006

Quotes I l Like

So once again I have returned from my wanderings across the World Wide Web, and I have brought some nuggets of pure gold for you. The following comes from what might just become one of my favorite sites.Wikiquote is an off shoot of Wikipedia. Here are a few of the gems I found there.

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love."
- Turkish Proverb
"Decaffeinated coffee is kind of like kissing your sister."
-Bob Irwin
"Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." -The Women's Petition Against Coffee (1674)


"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
- Bruce Lee
"Real living is living for others."
- BruceLee
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
- Bruce Lee



"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."
- Mohandas Ghandhi

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not any man’s greed."
-Mohandas Ghandhi

"The Rich must live more simply so that the Poor may simply live."
- Mohandas Ghandhi



"Drinking beer is easy. Trashing your hotel room is easy. But being a Christian, that’s a tough call. That’s rebellion "
-Alice Cooper

"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are."
-Alice Cooper



"I never saw a contradiction between the ideas that sustain me and the ideas of that symbol, of that extraordinary figure, Jesus Christ."
- Fidel Castro







"I'm not against God. I'm against the Misuse of God."
- Marilyn Mason







"I would not fear a pack of lions led by a sheep, but I would always fear a flock of sheep led by a lion."
- Alexander the Great

No comments: