Thursday, June 15, 2006

Summer Shock Syndrome

I had a great evening last night. We went to the Rosenort EMC church for a praise and worship night led by Cody. I was really looking forward to some great music and a evening of worshiping God, and I wasn't disappointed. I thought that it was a wonderful evening of music and speaking. PLUS I got to hang out with Cody, B.T, Trevor, and Rebekah., and the newly married Stefan Krahn. So needless to say it was a Bethany Reunion. It was like taking a deep drink from a cold spring! It was just what I needed.

For this event we invited both our Jr. and Sr. Youth to come out for the evening. Over winter
we had a combined group of close to 85 regular attendees. So I booked the bus and spent the day worrying that we wouldn't all fit. I knew that there was no way we would have everyone, but I thought at least 40. Well time rolls around for us to leave and we are 24 including leaders... Now I don't want it to sound like I'm playing any numbers games. I'm just saying, WOW! things change in the summer! Baseball, swimming, hanging out with friends… and I’m left with Summer Shock Syndrome! I think I might understand why some youth programs close down for the summer. So uhhh... you other youth pastors who read this, anything else I should know going into the summer?

Anyway I should get going I have a few things to do, and then I'm taking one of the youth out golfing... if it doesn't rain. So if you read this before three you can pray that God will heal my slice and maybe allow me to connect with the ball a little.


And now for something completely different:

2 comments:

Brad and Karla said...

that "sounds" like something KARLA would do!! just kidding sweetie. oh boy, if she reads this, im dead

Proffreezer said...

I hear you Nathan. Our numbers have always dropped off after the May long weekend. I guess it is part of the ebb and flow of ministry. Good to read your thoughts and clips.