Friday, June 30, 2006

Grad and World Cup!

Yesterday afternoon was Miller Grad. It was alright. It was really cool to see so many of our youth graduate. I was also really impressive how many of them received rewards and graduated with distinction. Pretty smart group of grads. But I had a few questions at the end of grad. Like, how can you receive a good grade in a roof framing course? Or mechanics, and construction? Why don't they just teach math, science, English, and then let those guys hit the work force after grade 9 or 10? Surely you would get a better education if we you could just get an apprenticeship at 15. Seems a little sketchy to me. But hey I'm no teacher.

Niki and I ok let me revise that I tried to play "Spot the flask" but it looked like Altona was a little more conservative than Hudson Bay. For those of you who aren't familiar with this great grad game. Every year at the Hudson Bay grad you can spot the flask of "spirit" being passed around. It is pretty amazing how much it moves! It is an entertaining way of passing the time when the speeches get a little long. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing that it doesn't happen here. I just wish grad was a little more.... entertaining. You know people falling down, saying the wrong names, really anything but the formal stuff. I guess it must just be I don't like formality.

It was a great grad, Richelle (On the Right) did a great job of the valedictorian address. And I'm glad we were able to go. If you want a deeper thought from grad go over to Ben’s blog. But the thing I brought away from grad was this great new quote (It was on the cover of the program and now is my description of my blog)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

World Cup is progressing along nicely. I have to say I'm really hoping for and England Brazil semi final game. I’m also hoping to see Ukraine beat Italy. Ok I’ll put it out there… I’m not predicting anything, just saying what I would like. I’d love to see England and Ukraine in the final… but that’s just me.

No comments: