Monday, September 18, 2006

Here's The KICK OFF!

So it's been a busy past few days. On Wednesday we kicked off our Sr. Youth with a bunch of games in the park! It was great to see so many faces that I haven't seen all summer. Thursday was our Jr. Youth Kick off, and what an event that was. I am constantly surprised by how much energy 50 Jr. High kids can have!!! The highlight of the night was when a simple snack deteriorated into a wild water fight! I think I speak for all of us when I say that it was an awesome way to start off our year. I was talking to some people from another church this weekend and they were saying that they could hear kids screaming in the park so they decided to stay far away. Then this weekend I had my first speaking gig. I spoke at the Bergthaler Sr. Youth kickoff retreat. I spoke on quieting down, taking out the ipod, and listening to hear the God who speaks. It went over really well and we spent lots of time just listening. I know that Christ definitely spoke directly to me and my heart. So yeah that's been my last few days. Now another week begins, Maybe this week I'll be a better blogger....

No comments: