Monday, January 30, 2006

Worship

So we just had a worship conference here at the church led by Gareth Goosen link here. I didn’t attend the actual conference, but I went to a meeting on Saturday morning for the pastors and board (yeah early morning meetings on your day off). It was actually a really good time of talking about how we need to worship in our churches. Then in the afternoon I got to play bass for the worship team, and in the evening Niki and took in the concert of prayer. That was an incredible time of worship. It is amazing how having good acoustics can totally change the way people sing!! Anyway whenever we talk about worship in church it weighs heavy on my heart. I long for the church to stand in unity, and for us to move beyond our petty differences and stand together before Christ. So the Prayer for Unity by Matt and Betty is often on my playlist right now. For those of you who never had the joy of hearing the Bethany Chapel band here’s a sample of the song I’m talking about
“He sits and ponders ‘why won’t he listen?’ My passion is pure, but time snuffed his out
I don’t want to be like him. I need to be different, He’s tainted by time. ‘God
isn’t there more that you are looking for?'

He sites and ponders ‘Why won’t he see it?’ A reckless passion, where is the
reverence? I used to be like him but now I’m different Refined over time. ‘God isn’t
there more that you are looking for?

All of this I saw as I applied my mind to everything done under the sun. There is a
time when a man lords it over Others to his own hurt!”

And then my prayer, “Give her peace, give her peace, give her peace.”
I hope that one day soon we will be able to stand together in peace as the bride of Christ.

No comments: