Sunday, January 22, 2006

Us, Song, and God Part III

Ok, here’s the end of my song kick… for now, just wanted to say that this stuff I didn’t steal from Leonard at all so if it’s way off base don’t hold it against him, and still go and listen to him speak! Finally the reason I love the image of us being an irreplaceable, unrepeatable song has to do with Zephaniah 3:17. Zephaniah says “The Lord your God is with you he is mighty to save He will take great delight in you he will quiet you with his love he will rejoice over you with Singing!!!!” Now just imagine with me, God our Father sitting in heaven singing a song of Joy over each one of us. But not just ANY song, He is singing MY song. The very song that He created me to be, the very song that I am, the song that connects Him and I together in a bond more intimate than anything else in the world. God doesn’t sing this song for anyone else but me it is a time of closeness and intimacy between Father and child. Now maybe I’m way off, and it takes a bit of imagination to get to this point. But I for one am going to be making an effort to listen to my song as God sings it over me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good verse. a friend gave me it a few years ago. interesting thoughts. another friend of mine once talked to me about her heavenly name. what will God call us in heaven? i think its good to think about this stuff. there is a reason we think about this, right? our God isnt some diety ready to hammer us down over disobedience to rules (that, in fact, protect us). but rather he is a God of love. he IS love. thoughts like this get me thinking about how personal he is and about his love. rock on
cowboy