Friday, May 25, 2007

A Bad haircut

So Niki and I took Lennox for his first haircut... he still hadn't lost his winter coat, and he was so hot in the warm weather that he would just lie around and not move that much. So we took a risk and took him to a person in town that was just starting out. Now the first problem, is that she thought that Lennox looked like a black lab, which he isn't. He is a Shepard mix, and really he looks like a black Golden Retriever. But this lady shaved the poor animal all over all the way. So he is no longer black (his skin showing through makes him look grey), no longer furry, and his shaved tail makes him look like a wet rat.... I honestly didn't even recognize him when I came home. He looks terrible!!!! It’s a good think Niki picked him up, because I can’t hide anything with my face. Now I know there is some good here. He has way more energy, he is happy and doesn't over heat like an old truck, we've noticed he is much more playful now than he was... but... yuck... he looks so... terrible... it's the only word I can think of. So does anyone know how long it takes for a dogs fur to grow back... PLEASE TELL ME IT ISN'T A LONG TIME!!! Anyway see for yourself (before and then after)

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hey, so I don't really think it's all that bad. I mean. Is it great: no. BUT... is it awful terrible? No... he just looks like a different dog. But really, the different dog is still cute. Not bad, not great, but... still cute.

officehourthoughts said...

Erica thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you don't think it's terrible, he is a pretty cute dog (with a personality to match) but I just miss the shaggy mutt I used to have.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

It really isn't as bad as you think. He is still really cute! The first time we got our dogs hair cut I almost passed out when I saw how short it was and how sick he looked. With our dog it takes about a week to loss that freshly cut look and then it takes about 6 weeks he looks "normal" again. Hope the weeks past fast for you. :)