Friday, October 06, 2006

A Great Day

So yesterday was such an awesome day!!! Especially since it started with my cleaning up tons of dog crap all over the breeze way (another story). I had breakfast with Jayson and Mark (always a highlight of my month). It is great to hang out with other youth pastors and talk about what is going on. To make a already great tradition even better Mark announced his engagement and bought us breakfast! So I came into the office very happy.

A few hours later Marv came in and told me that the Church board has given me the ok to go to the National Youth Workers Convention in Charlotte NC at the end of November!!! I'm going down with a bunch of people from Winkler. I am so excited to be surrounded by so many awesome leaders!! I'm going to be catching some workshops with Doug Fields, Kurt Johnston, Mark Oestreicher, Philip Yancey, and SO many more. Originally I had thought that Donald Miller was going to be there too, but now I see he is only there for a few of the other NYWC's. Now I should say that this is really good news, and sad news. The good side is... well it's five days with thousands of youth leaders from all over!! The sad part is that it is five days away from the person I love most in the world.

And speaking of Niki, yesterday she also gave me the permission I have been waiting for!!! My ipod mini is now in the mail!!! It's a 4 GB from the Apple Canada store. $119 with all taxes and shipping!!! I am so excited for it to get here!!!

No comments: