Monday, July 19, 2010

Gonna Read Something...

I decided to read something just for fun. Well actually I have done a lot of reading just for fun over the school year (a lot more than most of my seminary friends).  In fact 19 out of the 45 books I've read so far this year were for my own pleasure not for school. That said, I decided to read something easy, something fun, and something that is not related to religion, society, or technology... or maybe it is related to all of those.  I realize that I am 13 years late getting onto this bandwagon, but this week I am going to crack open Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.  Hard to believe that all this Harry Potter craziness began while I was still in high school.  But as the old saying goes, "better late than never."

1 comment:

Karis Brandes said...

We read the first few books in the series last summer. And then one day half way through a really big one (I think it was like 600 pages... seriously, no "kids" book should be that long) we just stopped. But it was enjoyable for the first while.