Saturday, June 02, 2007

At Cedarwood

Right now I'm maxin and relaxin in my speakers suite at Camp Cedarwood. I'm speaking at the Winkler EMMC Sr. Youth retreat. So far I just have a few things to say.
1) Camp Cedarwood is one of the most beautiful camps I have ever been to. The lodge is unbelievable!!! It is so plush, I just couldn't imagine being a camper (or staff here). I'd heard good things, but words just don't do it justice.
2) I am constantly amazed at how the Holy Spirit just comes in power and uses a broken vessel like me. I find this every time. Whether I am preaching or speaking or doing a Bible study, I always get so nervous before speaking. I go over my notes a million times I think, well it's ok, but not great. And then when it actually comes time to share it seems like the Holy Spirit just comes and takes over. I love it when God does that. He is just beyond anything I can think or say.
3) I like being the speaker. It's really sweet not having to organize stuff or worry about the schedule or anything. I just speak couple times and then it's up to me how I spend the rest of my time. It's actually really relaxing.
4) I miss Niki like crazy!!! She went to Saskatchewan on Wednesday so now it's been 4 days, and I am officially at the point where I want to see her so bad it actually makes me almost hurt.
Well I guess that's all for now from beautiful Cedarwood. Thanks to all of you who are praying I really know that they are making a difference.

1 comment:

jadyn klassen said...

yeah man, cedarwood is real nice. i was a camper there for 3 years. tons of great times.